I made my hubby a yummy cake to celebrate father’s day. Actually it is a new recipe that I found recently and wanted to share it. It is super easy and a crowd pleaser!
Here is a great recent picture of my father-in-law, daughter, and hubby at the beach in Florida.
Here’s a piece of the cake and the recipe is below. Please note that I omitted the maraschino cherries as both my hubby and daughter hate them! Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family is!
Caramel Brownie Cake
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19.5 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Smucker’s® Caramel Flavored Topping, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) container extra creamy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 15 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl. Stir for 50 strokes. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 28 to 31 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- POKE holes, about 2-inches apart, in warm brownie with the handle of wooden spoon. Use 1/2 cup caramel topping to fill the holes, then spread remaining over top of brownies.
- FOLD 1/4 cup caramel topping into whipped topping. Spread evenly over brownie. Sprinkle with peanuts. Chill 30 minutes. Top each piece with a maraschino cherry just before serving.