Hello there and welcome back for the Stamp It Group’s blog hop ~ Halloween!
Today I’m sharing my super creepy hand box and 31 card. I wanted to create something ghoulishly frightening and I feel that I have accomplished it with this box. I love the creepy hands, it looks like they are reaching out to grab you! This box and card makes for a perfect Halloween gift for that older teen that enjoys the blood and gore of the Walking Dead!
Here are some close up pictures of the project.
Here is the package of creepy hands that I bought several years ago from the dollar store. Not sure if they still carry them around this time of year but maybe a quick Google search, you might get lucky.
- Cut two pieces of Basic Black cardstock measuring 4-3/4” x 7-1/2”.
- Cut Halloween Night Specialty DSP measuring 1-13/16” x 4-1/2”, 1-1/4” x 4-1/2” (two pieces), and 1-1/4” x 1-3/4” (two pieces).
- Begin with the bottom of the box and score the cardstock 1-1/2” on all four sides. and the top of the box will get scored at 1-7/16” on all four sides.
- Fold on all the score lines. Cut up to score lines on both sides (see template below).
- Add Tear & Tape to the four tabs and begin to build the walls to form the box. Both the top and the bottom of the box are assembled exactly the same.
- Adhere the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper to the top of the box and on the sides. ** With the exception of the front piece** Place the top piece over the bottom.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy on the DSP to prevent extra powder from sticking to your project. Stamp the dripping blood image from the Ghoulish Grunge Stamp Set in VersaMark Ink and stamp on the DSP. Pour Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder over the stamped image and shake off the excess. Then use the Heat Tool to set for a glossy raised image. Adhere the front piece.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Lace Trim measuring approximately 20”. Take a Sponge Dauber and place the ribbon on the Basic Black Archival ink pad and drag across to add color. Set aside to let dry for a few minutes.
- Adhere the creepy hands on the top of the box with dimensionals and tie into a knot above the hands.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will continue the rest of the way around our hop!
GOTTA HAVE IT? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!