Hello there and welcome back for the Stamp It Group’s blog hop ~ Thanksgiving!
Today I’m sharing my non traditional Thanksgiving card and blessing mix. The blessing mix is something that I make each year to give to family, friends, and neighbors. This year I made a little box that is very quick and easy. This little box is perfect for any occasion even classroom gifts if you have elementary aged kids.
The Bugles are a symbol of the Cornucopia,
a horn of plenty.
The Pretzels represent arms folded in
Thanks & Prayer.
The Candy Corn reminds us that during the
first winter, the pilgrims were allowed only
five kernels of corn per day because the
food was scarce.
The Fruit is a reminder that Thanksgiving is
the celebration of the harvest.
The Peanuts represent seeds, the potential of
the bounteous harvest of the next season if
they are planted & well-tended.
- Cut Rich Razzleberry cardstock measuring 5” x 8-1/2”.
- Cut Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP measuring 2” x 9”
- Score the cardstock and DSP the same at 1-1/2”, 4″, 5-1/2″ and 8″. The cardstock will be turned 90 degrees and then scored at 1-1/2” (see template below).
- Fold on all the score lines. Cardstock piece will be cut up to score lines (see template below).
- Add Tear & Tape to the two large tabs on the bottom of the box.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will continue the rest of the way around our hop!
GOTTA HAVE IT? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!